The Top 10 Japanese Face Powders
If you’re looking for the best face powder for your needs, check out this list of the top 10 Japanese face powders!
Best Face Powders In Japan
Japanese women have always been known for their beautiful and flawless skin. While there are a number of skincare products and regimes that they follow to achieve this, one of the most important products in their arsenal is face powder.
There are a number of different types of face powders in Japan that are used for different purposes – from pressed powder to loose powder, finishing powder, and even whitening powder. In this article, we will take a closer look at the top 10 Japanese face powders that are available in the market today.
Naturaglacé Pressed Powder
This is among the best face powder in Japan for oily skin. With rice and komenuka in the formula, it limits sebum production and keeps the oil level balanced with water in the skin. Furthermore, it has aloe vera, which locks in moisture to ensure your skin from going thirsty.
With this powder, you can achieve light, soft, and fluffy skin while blocking out nasty ultraviolet rays and assuring your makeup stays flawless. Thanks to the organic and gentle formulation, it is comfortable to wear, even daily. The only potential drawback is that it is only 12g per purchase.
- Protects against sun damage
- Comfortable for daily use
- Only 12g
IPSA Pore Control Pressed Face Powder
Second on our list is a pore control pressed powder that looks nice and works just as great. It contains four different shades for you to use and create a naturally balanced skin complexion.
The powder is formulated with hydrating hyaluronic acids and has SPF 15 to give the skin an added layer of protection. In addition, it includes talc that absorbs sweat and counters poor skin appearance as a result of excessive oil production.
There is also tocopherol, an antioxidant that promotes blood circulation in the skin to make it look healthy and young, as well as shield it against free radicals. At the same time, algae extract gets rid of excess water and toxins to keep your skin in its tip-top condition.
For its price though, 8g is slightly disappointing.
- Four shades
- Skin-loving ingredients
- Only 8g
Kao Curel Loose Face Powder
This is one of the best Japan face powder for sensitive skin. As a culmination of years of dermatological research, this product is designed to provide a comfy masking effect. You can count on it to blur skin imperfections like pores and wrinkles while making it smooth and non-shiny.
In addition, the powder formula does not contain any alcohol and fragrance. You can rest assured that your sensitive skin will not react negatively — reddening, itching, or breaking out. No need to look far and low for a product that caters to hypersensitivity! This is the one.
Makes the skin smooth
Alcohol- and fragrance-free
Not suitable for those looking for a shiny finish
Kao Sofina Primavista Long Keep Loose Powder
Next up is a loose powder for long wear. It has an anti-shine and is highly-resistant to sebum and sweat. You will not have to worry about them taking off your makeup and creasing.
The formulation is meant to help you hide uneven complexion, large pores, old acne spots, and sun spots, while enjoying a brightening effect. You can be confident with luminous skin whenever you apply it. However, note that it is not very friendly to dark skin. It can leave a whitish cast.
Something else to note about this face powder is its conveniently compact packaging design. The product is portable and small enough to be kept in purses for application throughout the day.
Not very friendly to dark skin
Pola B.A Finishing Powder
This is easily one of the best setting powders in Japan. It will quickly blend into the skin and leave a shimmering effect. By the same token, you can attain a radiant glow with this powder.
It is packaged in a simple but luxe-looking black case. This is the type of design that you want to put on display. You will feel fancy every time you use it to follow-up your foundation, so doing makeup is even more fun. All these perks, however, come with a slightly expensive price tag.
Offers quick blending and a shimmering effect
Comes in a beautiful packaging
Acseine Finishing Powder
To achieve a flawless look, this is the finishing powder you want to use. It is ultra-fine and has an airy texture to spread easily and evenly across your skin. Plus, there is a puff, mesh (net), spoon, and center tray included for easy application.
A unique feature of this Japan face powder is that it ensures dyes do not touch your skin directly. It is also hypoallergenic, perfume-free, and ethanol-free/alcohol-free to minimize skin irritation. However, its coverage is not heavy-duty.
Keeps dyes from coming in contact with the skin
Free of harmful ingredients
Thin coverage only
Club Suppin Facial Whitening Powder
This is an ultra-fine Japanese face powder packed with skin-loving ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, collagen, and neubara fruit extract. They ensure the skin remains moisturized and nourished.
Seaweed extract and fairy thyroid extract, among other ingredients, are also included to help protect your face from environmental factors like dust and smoke.
You can use this product to hide uneven skin color and pores without looking like you have applied makeup. So, if you prefer a natural look, this is the best powder to get.
Be ready to shell out a bit of money though. This is quite pricey.
Include moisture-rich ingredients
Helps filter out harmful substances in the atmosphere
Conceals effectively while offering a natural look
Shiseido Snow Beauty Whitening Face Powder
This is one of the best face powders for oily skin in Japan. It can give you a matte effect that is silky smooth and lasts for a long time. You will not have to deal with any powdery residue and impurities showing beneath the coverage. Although not dubbed heavy-duty, it works wonders.
Another thing to love about this face powder is its packaging. It comes in the prettiest case, so you will feel fancy whenever you grab it from your makeup kit. The design is all the more important if you want to purchase it as a gift. Your recipient will definitely be awed by how beautiful it looks.
Delivers strong performance
Has beautiful packaging
RMK Powder Foundation
This is an airy-textured powder foundation from the well-known brand RMK.
It is fine and velvety-soft. The powder foundation presses onto your skin easily and does not leave a powdery or cakey look. Although it not super buildable, you can still use for a light to medium coverage.
Another amazing thing about this powder foundation is that you can customize your finish depending on whether you are using a sponge or brush as the applicator. This gives you more freedom to go for different makeup styles.
The only potential flaw is that it is difficult to land the right shade. If you do not select the right color, you might get a whitish cast upon application.
Airy and soft
Not very buildable
Difficult to get the right shade
Shiseido Revital Granas Foundation
Last on our list is the Shiseido face powder, Japan packaged in pink. This powdery skin solution that can be used alone or in combination with water. It is formulated to cover up irregularities, making the skin look smooth and even from every angle.
Upon application, you will notice that it glides effortlessly across the skin and delivers a moist finish. So, your face looks dewy and glowy. With a light but tight fit, this face powder promises a high quality bare-skin feeling.
Can be used dry or wet
Moist finish (Which is not suitable for oily skin)
How to Choose a Face Powder
Consider your Skin Type
Knowing your skin type will help you land a powder that truly supports your skin.
- If you have oily skin opt for a product with oil-control power and matte finish. It is best to avoid those that provide shine or gloss, as they can make your skin look greasy.
- If you have dry skin, a cream-based powder is ideal. Look for ones that offer a moist finish rather than a matte finish and consist of moisturizing ingredients.
- If you have sensitive skin, it is essential to pay attention to the ingredients list. You should with skin-friendly products that do not contain fragrances, waxes, preservatives, etc.
Consider the Shade
It is incredibly important to choose a powder that matches your skin color. If you are a shade lighter or darker, it will be difficult to blend the powder and achieve a pretty cover. Your skin might also turn ashy or grey with time.
If your skin is on the lighter side, you should consider powders with a pink undertone and one to two shades lighter. On the other hand, if your skin is on the deeper side, it is best to pick a powder that is the same as your skin tone and has an orange/ yellow undertone.
Note: To make sure you get the suitable shade, always test the powder on your face and not the back of your hand.
How to Use a Face Powder
Pressed Powder Type
- Clean your face thoroughly, then follow up with a moisturizer
- Apply your foundation or makeup base as you normally would
- Grab your pressed powder and pick it up with a sponge or brush
- Apply it onto your skin using light patting motions.
Note: You should not paint it over your skin with dragging motions and force.
If you want to reapply it throughout the day, the trick is to use blotting paper to get rid of excess oil first.
Loose Powder Type
- Grab your loose powder and shake some into the lid.
- Dib your brush into the powder and cover the to of brush.
- Tap the brush against the lid to remove excess powder and let the rest settle into the bristles. Apply the power to your face in small circular motions. Start from your forehead and work your way down.
Note: During step 3, you might have reload the brush with powder. When you notice that the brush feels scratchy against your skin, you need to add powder.
- Use another brush to remove any excess powder and splotches on your face.
Finishing Powder Type
- Put on makeup like your normally would.
- Tap out a small amount of the powder into the lid.
- Dip your brush into the powder to load it.
- Path the powder over your face and neck in circular motions.
Note: To avoid smudging your makeup, do not rub or swipe the powder.
- Blend the powder gently into your skin until there are no visible differences.
Whitening Powder Type
- Pick up your sponge and spritz it with a bit of room temperature water.
- Dip the tip of sponge into your powder. Do not start with too much because it can create a cakey look.
- Pat the sponge over the skin under your eyes and the rest of your face. Make sure you use lighter motions for the former.
- Reload your sponge when you have run out of powder and continue to press the powder evenly across your face until you achieve the desired results.
Powder Foundation Type
- Prep your skin by washing and applying moisturizer. We also suggest putting on a light layer of primer.
- Load your sponger or brush with the powder foundation. But do not try to pick up too much.
- Press the powder into your skin and spread it in short strokes. Roll the sponge or brush gently throughout your face to cover your skin evenly.
- Build additional coverage over any areas you need.
Now that you know the top 10 Japanese face powders, start shopping! You can drop by our online store Japan with Love for genuine products and quick shipping. We have all the amazing products mentioned above and more.
Japan With Love provides genuine cosmetics, supplements, foods, and collectibles manufactured in Japan.Contact us: https://linktr.ee/japanwithlove