5 Best Japanese Green Tea Brands In 2022
Japanese green tea is quite a unique appeal in Asia; people adore the fragrant aroma of this traditional brew, which can be savored in any weather, especially on chilly mornings! We are aware that it might be challenging to select your favorite type of green tea because they are available in a variety of formats, including powder, leaves, and bags. The top 5 best green tea brand in Japan are examined in this article.
How to Choose Japanese Tea?
- With so many varieties of tea, including sencha, hojicha, matcha, and genmaicha, choosing a Japanese tea might be challenging. Every variety has a distinctive flavor of its own, and the origin of a Japanese tea alters the flavor. To assist you in making the right choice for the best Japanese tea for you, we have created a brief guide.
- Matcha is a type of green tea made by taking young tea leaves and grinding them into a bright green powder. It is popular worldwide as an ingredient for beverages, sweets, and ice cream. It is also suitable for those that enjoy the rich taste of Japanese tea.
- Sencha is created by employing heat (steaming and roasting) to select unfermented raw tea leaves in a fresh state. The sweetness and depth are well-balanced, and the scent is energizing. Sencha tea has lustrous, slender, dark green leaves. About 80% of all Japanese tea is eaten with this tea, making it one of the most popular types.
- Gyokuro is cultivated under cover, which is not exposed to direct sunlight, about 20 days before tea picking, unlike sencha. It is a unique type of tea that is made from limiting the light source before picking so the amino acids increase and catechins decrease. Gyokuro is a sweet and umami-rich green tea with almost no catechin, which is a unique astringent ingredient.
- Characteristics of each type
- Tea leaves are suitable for those that enjoys a rich and raw flavor of tea, we recommend trying the general tea leaves that are brewed using a kyusu if you want to the enjoy the true beauty of Japanese tea.
- If you want to easily enjoy Japanese tea, you can find Japanese green tea bags at almost any local convenience store. Since the tea leaves are individually wrapped, the freshness of the tea leaves does not easily deteriorate, and you can enjoy the tea in a fresh state at any time.
- Powdered instant type is usually packaged in an individual wrapping, packed with powdered tea. It dissolves quickly in hot or cold water, so you can easily make Japanese tea even in the morning when you have no time.
Japanese Green Tea Benefits
- Cancer Prevention
Laboratory and animal studies show that polyphenols in green tea help to prevent growth of tumor and angiogenesis. Studies also show that green tea consumption has postivite impact on colon, breast, ovary, prostate and lung cancer.
- Weight Loss
Green tea contains caffeine. Caffeine boost our body metabolism and lead to higher calories burning rate. Green tea extract is used in body building program to help fat loss.
- Moisturizes & Hydrates Skin
Japanese green tea benefits for skin because of a good amount of Vitamins C, B2, and E. Both B2 and C help with the maintenance of healthy skin and music membrane (collagen formation). B2 plays an especially important role in maintaining collagen, which helps provide skin a youthful appearance through firmness and structure. Vitamins C and E are also strong antioxidants that protect the skin. Additionally, Vitamins E also supports new skin cell growth and helps to hydrate and nourish skin to give it a softer, younger appearance.
The difference between Japanese green tea and Chinese
- Processing methods
Japanese green teas are traditionally steamed, while the Chinese ones are pan-fired. Steaming gives a different flavor profile and color. Moreover, steaming or pan-firing influence the amount of EGCG, a catechin abundantly found in green tea. Furthermore, Japanese green teas are generally not withered, which is an important step in producing Chinese teas. Today, only a very little number of Chinese teas are steamed (for example, En Shi Yu Lu) and only one Japanese tea is pan-fired – Kamairicha.
- Flavor profile
Chinese green teas typically taste lighter, sweeter, and toastier than Japanese green teas, which are typically vegetal and brisker and can become harsh if overbrewed. While the rare Japanese blacks are slightly more astringent and maltier, Chinese black teas are typically sweeter and frequently have undertones of chocolate. Chinese green and black tea might be a wonderful choice if you favor dessert teas with softer, sweeter tones. Japanese greens may be the answer if you're looking for some caffeine and refreshment.
Check the list of Top 5 Best Japanese Green Tea Brands In 2022
1. Ito En Oi Ocha Green Tea With Matcha Bag 100g - Matcha And Green Tea From Japan
The classic Japanese green tea that can be enjoyed instantly, powdered type tea that can make up to 100 cups of watered green tea. This drink is highly recommended to be enjoyed with traditional Japanese meals like sushi and sashimi, it brings out the flavour of the raw fish, while capturing the earthy scent of the tea. It is perfect if you are searching for something that is affordable while fully enjoying the experience of authentic Japanese green tea. Furthermore, this best green tea brand in Japan contains a special organic compound called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which accounts for 60% of the catechins in green tea powder, which is the strongest oxidizing agent and most beneficial for health.
- Instant tea powder
- Make up to 100 cups
- Can be enjoyed with Japanese meals
- Subtle sweetness of matcha
2. Morihan Uji Matcha Sweet Green Tea Bag 150g - Sweet Taste Matcha Green Tea From Japan
Morihan Uji Matcha Sweet green tea is sweetened green tea powder from Uji, Kyoto. Since straight Matcha can be excessively bitter or harsh, this green tea powder in Japan is well-liked by many people who prefer a sweeter taste. This Matcha is genuine Japanese Uji Matcha from Morihan, a real tea business with more than 180 years of history in Uji, Kyoto. With this tea powder, you may also make matcha shakes, matcha syrup, or matcha milk. It is suitable for use with both hot and cold water.
- Sweetened green tea powder
- Can be used for baking
- Dissolves easily in water
3. Ito En Oi Ocha Dark Tea Green Tea with Smooth Matcha 80g - Green Tea From Japan
One of the best green tea brand in Japan is Ito En Oi Ocha Dark Tea Green Tea with Smooth Matcha. A strong instant green tea with health benefits. Itoen Japanese Tea Smooth Dark is a powder type that dissolves quickly in water or hot water. Since it is an instant type, you can adjust the intensity of the taste depending on your preference. A mellow matcha blend that combines the richness of various green teas. This product has specific catechin that has been said to have the ability to lower body fat. Just add some genuine Japanese tea to your diet to balance it out while reducing your body fat.
- Various health benefits
- Instant type
- Contains richness of various green tea
- Can reduce body fat
4. Ja Kagoshima Tea Industry Chiran Green Tea Leaf 300g - Traditional Japanese Tea - Organic Green Tea
A perfect blend of JA Kagoshima tea made from finely selected, first-picked tea leaves grown in Chiran town. Take pleasure in the new tea's fragrant freshness and inexpensively experience the ideal balance of astringency and umami with a superb deep flavor of fresh green tea leaves, fully roasted, and aromatic aroma.
This best green tea brand in Japan can be enjoyed both hot and cold, however, because of the superior quality of the leaves, it is strongly advised to drink it hot to preserve the fresh Chiran tea flavor.
- Fresh fragrance of new tea leaves
- Combination of astringency and umami
- Deep flavor
- Compliments well with traditional Japanese dishes.
5. Iyemon Instant Caffeine less Green Tea Stick 0.8g x 30 Sticks - Caffeine-Free Green Tea From Japan
One of the best green tea brand in Japan is Iyemon Fukujuen, whose tea leaves are meticulously chosen by a Fukujuen tea master. A sort of powdered green tea known as instant green tea can be infused, allowed to dry, and then is simply dissolved in both hot and cold water.
Enjoy the roasted rice flavor that gives this tea its refreshing flavor. It is one of the most fragrant tea leaves, and the appropriate amount of innovation enhances the aroma to make it even more enticing. Enjoy a Japanese green tea aroma anywhere you like—incredibly it's convenient in an instant form!
- Type of tea in powder
- Simple to dissolve in hot water.
Buy Japan Skincare Products At Japanese Online Store - Japan With Love
If you didn’t know where to buy authentic cosmetics, let’s check out Japan With Love website.
Japan With Love is an online store that provides the best skin care product such as Japanese green tea types, treatment essence, or sunscreen,... In order to facilitate client contact with us, we also have various social media platforms.
Your online buying would be more convenient with faster delivery and devoted guidance from our personnel.
Genuine cosmetics, dietary supplements, consumables, and collectibles made in Japan are available at Japan With Love.