The 7 Best Japanese Shampoos to Add to Your Hair Care Regime
If you are looking for the best shampoo in Japan, then you are on the right page. Get to know the 7 best Japanese shampoos in our post here.
Strong, silky, shiny, and smooth — the 4 ‘S’s you want for your hair. But how can you achieve this? There is a lot to think about and many steps to take, but a good place to start is getting a quality shampoo.
We recommend Japanese shampoo!
After all, when it comes to shampoos, brands from Japan definitely know what they are doing. They have a long-standing reputation for being some of the best in the business!
In this blog post, we will introduce you to the 7 best Japanese shampoos that are available in the market. We will also be discussing what makes these shampoos so special and why you should consider using them.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
7 Best Shampoos from Japan
1. Kumano Yushi Horse Oil Shampoo - Best Overall
Use Kumano Yushi Horse Oil Shampoo for healthy hair
This is a moisturizing shampoo that cleanses well while being gentle to the scalp and hair. Its key ingredient is horse oil, which encourages hair growth, minimizes split ends, boosts hair shine, and volumizes.
In other words, it is the holy grail shampoo for damaged hair. Naturally curly hair that needs a lot of moisture and thin hair that could use some thickening will also benefit from it.
This is a silicone-free shampoo, so while using it, you will never have to worry about building up residue or leaving the shower with weighed-down hair. Plus, it contains camellia oil. Your hair (and nose!) will be blessed with a fresh and flowery scent.
This Japanese shampoo comes in a large bottle with a long-nose nozzle, making it super easy to use and cost-effective. However, it is not very travel-friendly. If you want to take it on trips and similar getaways, you will have to transfer it into a separate container.Pros
- Gentle but effective performance
- 4-in-1 benefits for healthy hair
- Suitable for several hair types
- Free of silicones
- Not travel-friendly
2. Kaminomoto Medicated Shampoo - Best For Dandruff Treatment
This is one of the best shampoos in Japan for scalp care. It treats dandruff and promotes hair growth, and here’s the best part: it delivers results in just a few months!
Glycyrrhetinic Acid and Piroctone Olamine are the two ingredients that get the job done.
- The former tackles dandruff, suppresses inflammation, and reduces itchiness.
- The latter prevents hair loss by stopping bacterial growth on the scalp.
Another great thing about this shampoo is that despite its antiseptic effects, it does not leave uncomfortable tingling sensations! It also moisturizes, so your scalp and hair will always feel happy.
However, it is necessary to note that this is not recommended for daily showering. Be sure to alternate it with another shampoo. You should use a moderate amount of it twice or thrice a week.Pros
- Gets rid of dandruff and helps prevent hair fall
- No uncomfortably tingling sensations
- Provides simultaneous moisturizing
- Cannot be used daily
- Requires alternation with another shampoo
3. Shiseido Tsubaki (Premium Moist) Shampoo - Best For Dry Hair
Use Shiseido Tsubaki Premium Moist Shampoo for dry hair
As suggested in the name, this shampoo is treasured by people of all ages and genders for its moisturizing effects. It is packed with natural components like royal jelly-, chamomile-, and soya bean seed extracts that intensively nourish hair, inside out.
Consequently, your hair becomes stronger and less susceptible to drying out, dulling, as well as tangling. You will observe fewer split ends and improved elasticity, too. Soft and silky hair radiating a healthy shine — who wouldn’t want that, right?
An added perk is its long-lasting floral and fruity scent. The fragrance is elegant, but it is still light on the nose. If you are especially sensitive to smells, this shampoo is ideal.
The only potential complaint is that it carries a higher price tag than similar shampoos in the market.Pros
- Blends many natural components
- Nourishes hair intensively
- Has a long-lasting fragrance
- Slightly expensive
4. Kao Merit Shampoo - Best for Oily Hair
This is one of the best budget shampoos in Japan. It is the foam type with exceptional lather. The special capability of this shampoo is that no scrubbing is needed. The foam will do all the hard work! It lifts the impurities from your scalp, cleansing thoroughly from the roots to the ends.
Let Kao Merit Shampoo’s rich foam do all the work
With chamomile extract, eucalyptus extract, and fruit acid blends in the formula, it will also provide moisturizing effects. It is fitting for daily use because you only need half a pump for really clean hair.
Like some of the other shampoos on this list, it is free of silicones. You can rest assured it will not add weight to your hair or make it feel squeaky. Its charming, natural fragrance is a plus! If you test it for yourself, you will come back begging for more!Pros
- Works without scrubbing
- Lifts impurities from the scalp
- Has hydrating ingredients
- Natural scent
- Not suitable for those who are skeptical about merit shampoos
5. Mucota Adllura Aire 01 Shampoo - Best for Stiff Hair
This is one of the best Japanese shampoos, and not without good reasons.
Use Mucota Adllura Aire 01 Shampoo for dry, straw-like hair
First, it works wonderfully for all types of hair — thin, thicky, curly, straight, you name it! Its formula contains emollient CMC amino components, which is a mouthful to say, but fulfills a simple purpose: make your hair smooth and soft.
Many customers even claim you do not need to follow up with a conditioner if you wash your hair with this! The consistency is not very creamy, but you should see a noticeable difference after every shower.
Aside from hair that feels and smells like cotton candy, you can count on this made-in-Japan shampoo to degunk, degrease, and detoxify. Any impurities, from dirt to dead skin cells, are things of the past once you incorporate this shampoo into your hair care regime.
The only minor drawback is that it is packaged with a twist cap rather than a pump. It can be inconvenient to use, but you can always replace it with a separate pump if you want.Pros
- Works for all types of hair, but especially ideal for stiff hair
- Cleanses your hair and makes it soft and sweet-smelling at the same time
- Has a twist cap and not a pump
6. Lux Rich Shine Damage Repair Shampoo - Best for Damaged Hair
If you like getting perms or coloring your hair, this Lux shampoo is a must-have. It combines argan oil, hyaluronic acid oil, and shea butter to provide users who intensive damage repair. This means that while it does the typical job of cleansing hair, it also nourishes the roots and strands.
Help your damaged hair recover with Lux Rich Shine Damage Repair Shampoo
In addition, as implied in the name, this shampoo promises a rich shine. After using it, your hair will be lustrous and glossy.
It has a slightly creamy consistency that lathers well but does not cause the hair to feel heavy. You can work this into your scalp with just an ample amount, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
You can find it in a big bottle with a convenient pump. Although it can be slightly bulky if you are traveling with it or placing it in a small bathroom, the pros will still outweigh the cons.Pros
- Offers intensive damage repair and a healthy shine
- Great for those who like perming and coloring their hair
- Requires only a small amount to get the job done
- Slight bulky container for traveling or small bathrooms
7. Tamanohada Gardenia 004 Shampoo - Best for Multiple Hair Concerns
This sweet-smelling, plant-based shampoo is highly sought-after for stiff and damaged hair. Two notable ingredients in its formula are lemon oil and ylang ylang oil.
- Lemon oil has anti-fungal properties, so your scalp stays infection-free. Additionally, it is anti-inflammatory, providing scalp-soothing sensations. Its citric acid content is also excellent at protecting your hair follicles from loosening and shedding.
- Ylang Ylang oil is naturally conditioning, so your hair is always hydrated. It also helps with hair growth and health by imparting nutrients to the scalp. Stronger hair means less breakage, tangling, and frizz.
Tackle all your hair concerns with Tamanohada Gardenia 004 Shampoo
Hence, you can tackle all sorts of hair problems! Another thing to love about this shampoo is its beautifully designed packaging. It is minimally elegant and offers a luxe, resort-like vibe.
Unfortunately, it can be a bit of a hassle to uncap it every time you want to dispense shampoo into your palms. It is particularly frustrating when you are in a rush. So, you might want to replace it with a separate pump cap.Pros
- Plant-based formula
- Counters many different hair concerns
- Packaged beautifully
- Does not have a pump
Which of the 7 best Japanese shampoos we have listed above sounds like the best for you? Shop one from the Japanese online store Japan with Love, then share your experience with readers in the comments below. Also, share this with others to help them get gorgeous hair too!
Japan With Love provides genuine cosmetics, supplements, foods, and collectibles manufactured in Japan.Contact us: https://linktr.ee/japanwithlove